- Frank's bookstore has an author who sits in the window, but nobody knows who he is. He is waiting for someone to ask him to sign a copy of his book. Ignatius Bellmont. Some kind of how-to get and keep friends book.
- Flu outbreak - anyone who gets ill, heads to the clinic to see Brian, the hot doctor.
- Meteor shower in the middle of the night.
- Micheal's truck drives down Shellac, turns down Main, and somehow glitter is streaming out the back of the slow moving truck. The truck stops at the corner of Main and Blvd. and a small pile of silver glitter gets dumped on the street.
- Outside of O'Harley's there's a mugging at 2 AM- non-violent, during meteor shower.
- AA meeting: 4:15 in the church of faith
- Telescope fell-off over the top of the building at high noon. Kid got out of the daycare and is playing in the fountain.
Unseasonably warm day/night.
Motif: Things that move, smoke/fog, waffles!
Chief Buc - the chief of police, tough but cheerful, and has a strong fashion sense and seems to distrust any other authority other than his own.
Leonard - gravedigger/groundskeeper/night guard in the graveyard behind the catholic church.
Individual character development:
As Vonnegut once stated:
Incorporate both of these into your post.