- Your name should be your blog title
- Add a favorite passage from one of your favorite books under blog description in the settings feature of the blog layout
- Complete your first entry by Thursday night, December 18th, we will read entries on Friday during class.
- Living arrangements. Be specific. "Behind the dumpster" isn't specific enough. Which one?
- Remember you can add any place, object, character that you wish as long as it does "tilt the platform" too much.
- Something that identifies your character. A touchstone of sorts that establishes some kind of symbol of your character's life. For example, something that he or she carries in his/her pocket, a tattoo, a photo of a relative, a book, souvenir, etc.
- Keep it relatively short. Think of this as a short story and not a novel. Less is more, if the less is written carefully.
- Create some kind of conflict in the first blog. Whether it is trying to find your keys, being late for an appointment, trying to cram all your dirty clothes into a coin-operated washing machine, or wrestling with a gorilla.
- Go somewhere.
- It is twilight on a foggy, damp day in mid December.
- The town is someplace where seasons change.
- At 7PM the power in the whole neighborhood goes out for an hour.